Iroquois Boating & Fishing Club

Iroquois Boating
& Fishing Club


September 3, 1887

Official organization of the Iroquois Boating & Fishing Club. The original charter listed the club’s purpose as “The maintenance of facilities for boating and other innocent or athletic sports, and for the preservation of game and fish, including a club for such purposes and for social enjoyment.”

September 27, 1888

Original clubhouse constructed. The club featured dormitory space and boat storage, but lacked in social conveniences.

August, 1895

First annual clambake held.

1898 - 1900

Photo of the main room of original clubhouse. Racing shells were suspended from the ceiling and wooden lockers lined the walls.

September 30, 1928

Fire destroyed original clubhouse and many valuable club records were lost. Rebuilding began in summer of 1929. The new clubhouse featured more social conveniences than dormitories and boat storage. It is this structure that has been expanded and renovated that still serves members and their guests.


From the club’s beginning, it was a stock company. In 1935 the by laws were changed and the club is now operated on a non-stock membership basis.

September 28, 1938

IBC’s 50th Anniversary of the founding of the club celebrated.


South Seawall Construction

September 19, 1987

IBC’s 100th Anniversary of the founding of the club celebrated.


The patio was remodeled to include overhead doors for year round use and view of the lake.


A facelift was given to the lounge and bar area to allow for more seating and an updated look.